Italy has a large number of fairs dedicated to different sectors. Interestingly, most of these fairs are held in October. The SFORTEC known as the Technical Subcontracting & Industrial Services is a trade show which takes place in Milan. Similar fairs for outdoor design and furnishing is held in Rimini every October and it runs concurrently with two other fairs at the same venue.
SFORTEC was founded in 1996 and its target is trade visitors. Although relatively young compared to the aforementioned fairs in Rimini, the number of participants have continued to grow progressively over the years. This national biennial program held concurrently with BI-MU is usually held at the fieramilano in Milan.
The 2018 edition which held from 9th to 13th October was yet another huge success with exhibitions from a large number of related sectors and over 65,000 visitors. The organizers of this event are EFIM (Ente Fiere Italiane Macchine S.p.A.) and CEU (Centro Esposizioni UCIMU S.p.A). The primary business sector target of this event is the subcontracting. The event was promoted by CIS-Comitato Interassociativo Subfornitura, an Interassociative Subcontracting Committee working in collaboration with the Italian Association of the Automotive Industry (Associazione Nazionale Filiera Industria Automobilistica-ANFIA).
The Exhibits Of The 2018 Edition
The focus of the 2018 exhibition was on the contamination between digital technologies and manufacturing systems. Relying on updated products technological indexing, SFORTEC INDUSTRY offered the best products for operators who are interested in outsourcing a fragment of their activities. The products offered provide subcontracting and services-related solutions.
BI-MU shared the same exhibition space with SFORTEC and offered specific and innovative technologies for connectivity and digitalization of industrial plants. The exhibits across the different sectors are as follows;
- Primary Working: foundry, sintering
- Mechanical Working: metal forming and cutting machining, grinding and precision finishing, wire machining, brazing, welding and heat cutting, die sinking, mould operations, and bonding
- Treatments: chemical, heat, galvanic and surface treatments, electrochemical
- Assembling materials and Products: semifinished products
- Dies and Moulds: dies for metal forming and punching for; rubber, plastic, metal casting, jigs and fixtures, other materials, standard components.
- Services: quality design and documentation, design, rapid prototyping, safety design and documentation, research and development, product tests and analysis, CAM services, CAE, CAD, recycling, software development, industrial maintenance, global service, organizations, boards, publishing houses, associations.
Entrance Ticket And Rules For Visitors
A Golden Card was the entrance ticket. Daily Golden Card (daily ticket) can be purchased from the SFORTEC INDUSTRY reception for €12.00. However, the on-line pre-registration provided the opportunity for visitors to receive a Golden Card entrance ticket for free.
Minors up to 13 years old are not required to attend the exhibition. However, children will be allowed to enter for free under the request, supervision, and full responsibility of their parents. Minors from 14 to 17 years will be allowed to enter for free if they are accompanied. University students with their ID cards will also gain free entry. The fair is designed and fully equipped to take care of disabled visitors—and they can gain free entry.
Fiera Milano provides: wheelchairs for visitors with disabilities